Welcome to the Housing Authority of Travis County website. If you are a frequent visitor to the site you will notice that the website has been redesigned. It is our hope that you will find it far more informative and easier to navigate.
We have provided you with all types of information about the Housing Authority of Travis County: our goals and objectives, the services we provide, and opportunities for you, the public, to be involved in our mission. The site also provides information regarding our strategic partner: Strategic Housing Finance Corporation (SHFC).
This is a very exciting time for our agency, as we are embarking on several new initiatives. These initiatives include:
- The conversion of our public housing to tenant based rental assistance via the Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD) program.
- Pursuit of funds for modernization and revitalization of our existing units.
- Participation in affordable multifamily housing development partnerships with outside entities
- The establishment of Resident Councils
- The launching of a community development/self-sufficiency to help empower our residents.
Executive Director and CEO