January 12, 2023
Dir. of Voucher Programs & HI
Under general supervision of the Director, coordinates housing services for participants of the Housing Authority of Travis County’s (HATC) Continuum of Care (CoC) Program.
Bachelor’s degree in social work (Master’s degree preferred). Strongly prefer 3 or more years in a public housing or social service program with focus on casework, OR and equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Knowledge of and experience with principles and practices of case management organization and administration and general office practices and equipment including standard computer software applications also required. Knowledge of and experience with HUD rules and regulations pertaining to assigned programs, federal and state regulations governing assisted housing and the Fair Housing Act are strongly preferred. Experience performing physical inspections of properties is also preferred; may be required to become certified as HQS Inspector as part of this role.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing all aspects of case management for Continuum of Care program.
- Consistently interact with clients using Person-Centered and Strength’s Based Approach while maintaining professional boundaries.
- Conduct screenings and determine if families or individuals meet program eligibility requirements.
- Makes field visits to assess overall needs of program participants. Communicates with HATC staff and others regarding progress, needs, and concerns.
- Provides comprehensive case management services for diverse populations living in poverty, including people with mental health and substance abuse disorders.
- Facilitate and coordinate access to mental health, substance abuse, and physical health services.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of referral resources in the service area.
- Maintains accurate and timely records including progress notes according to department policy. Prepare reports on case status, work performance, and occupancy on each program as requested by supervisor.
- Develops working relationships with leaders in community resource groups and attend all COC related meetings and activities, as well as regular meetings with community agencies/service providers.
- Assess housing barriers of individuals and families experiencing homelessness to determine housing and service needs and provide information and referral assistance regarding available support from appropriate social service agencies and/or community programs.
- Assist in housing identification, applications, move-ins, and housing sustainability.
- Serve as a liaison between HATC, community partners, and participants and provide information to participants about available housing options.
- Provide mediation and advocacy with landlords on the client’s behalf to develop a workable plan to obtain and/or maintain housing.
- With assistance from the Director of Voucher Programs & Homeless Initiatives and Housing Manger, prepare CoC annual renewal application, and complete Annual Performance Reviews.
- Conduct landlord outreach and maintain communication with landlords and community partners.
- Transport clients to agencies and services, as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention, as needed.
- Ensure program compliance with grant requirements.
- Ensure data is entered timely in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- May be required to obtain certification in physical inspections of client-occupied properties (HQS inspection certification) and perform physical inspection work as needed.
No supervisory responsibilities.
Frequent contact with clients, community social service agencies, and landlords.
Frequent contact with HATC staff.
Typical decisions relate to COC coordination, client interaction, screening and eligibility, and use of / interaction with referral sources and partners.
Working Conditions / Physical & Mental Demands
Office and field environment with minimum to moderate physical demands.
Estimated Pay Rate
Nonexempt position with estimated hourly pay rate of $23.00 per hour.
- Employer paid medical insurance premium starting after a 30 day wait period. Insurance will include dental and vision care for the employee only. Dependents or spouses may be added to the plan coverage at the sole cost of the employee.
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee eligible to accrue 12 days’ vacation, 12 days sick leave, and 4 personal days annually.
- 10 paid holidays annually, plus 5 additional paid days off between Christmas and New Year’s holidays (during which time the agency is officially closed.)
- $15,000 group life insurance policy that covers the employee only.
- Texas County & District Retirement System (TCDRS) Retirement Plan in which the employee contributes 4% and the employer will match 2.5x of employee’s contribution to the plan upon vesting (employee vested at 5 years of service.) Eligibility for the employee retirement plan starts on date of hire, and TCDRS offers Prior Service Credit for proportionate time with other approved State Plans.
- Short- and long-term disability coverage, and employer pays 100% of the premium for these coverages.
- Mutual of America’s 457 Plan at the sole cost of the employee.
- AFLAC Insurance, which has many products available for purchase by the employee and the cost is deducted from the employee pay.
- Gold’s Gym Corporate membership in which the Agency will pay half of the membership cost for the employee.
- $60 per month cellphone allowance
If interested and qualified, please email your resume to [email protected].
HATC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment with HATC, if offered, is on an at-will basis, meaning that either an employee or HATC may end the employment relationship at any time and for any reason.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability